MP&F integrates PR, marketing and advertising to support student recruitment and retention for the U.S. Department of Labor’s Job Corps program, the nation’s largest career technical training and education program for low-income young people ages 16–24.
GOALS AND RESULTS
Identify prospective students and drive them to Job Corps’ toll-free recruitment hotline or website.
- 250,000: number of calls to the toll-free number in 2017.
- 157,000: number of online applications completed on the recruitment website in 2017.
- 66,000: number of prospective students admitted to Job Corps in 2017.
Create a new brand for Job Corps to help the program recruit committed, motivated young people.
- Using focus group feedback, MP&F developed a new suite of 200-plus marketing materials, including a new logo, tagline and messaging points, as well as a host of new digital ads and videos.
- MP&F implemented an internal communications campaign so the program’s 15,000 staff members nationwide understood the new brand and messaging.
Develop an easy-to-use online marketplace for Job Corps staff to access and order recruitment materials and resources.
- MP&F built the Job Corps Materials Marketplace, a website that hosts hundreds of materials and resources and allows staff to order what they need, when they need it.
- 2.5 million: number of marketing materials ordered from the online Materials Marketplace in 2017 alone.
- 13 million: total number of marketing materials ordered since the Materials Marketplace launched in 2009.
Share engaging content on Job Corps social media channels: Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
- Content shared across all platforms generated strong engagement with the target audience in 2017.