MP&F is seeking a Media Director to grow revenue for the agency through paid media buys – via new accounts as well as additions to existing business; development of media team capabilities and expertise; allocation, planning, tracking and optimization of media spend; and coordination of fully integrated, multichannel campaigns.
The director expands the agency’s capabilities by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the fully integrated media landscape and a fluency in advertising and marketing analytics to guide decision-making and measure performance. The director manages a team of media buyers to coordinate media planning efforts in collaboration with account supervisors and other service line directors, including creative services, digital engagement and integrated marketing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with partners and senior staff to expand and evolve advertising service line(s) and book of business in sustainable, appropriate ways.
- Direct media buyers in the planning, implementation and optimization of all traditional and digital media plans.
- Work with account teams to ensure media plans are aligned with clients’ marketing objectives and efficiency targets.
- Work with media buyers and vendors to manage the analysis, negotiation and purchase of advertising channel opportunities – including print, digital, outdoor, television, and radio/streaming audio, etc.
- Develop KPIs for advertising plans and work with media buying and account teams to measure, track and optimize buys accordingly.
- Help develop reports and presentations to explain outcomes and optimization of buys.
- Remain alert to opportunities to grow billings on existing accounts.
- Build rapport and strong partnerships with colleagues in creative services, digital and marketing to ensure clients’ business goals are met, communications programs are integrated and internal capabilities are fully leveraged.
- Contribute to proposals and pitches for new business by generating estimates as well as crafting valuable strategic direction.
The director will have a minimum of eight years of experience managing teams and serving in leadership roles at advertising/marketing/strategic communications agencies.
MP&F is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and we are taking additional measures to protect our staff, their families and our clients from contracting and spreading COVID-19. Consistent with the CDC’s guidance and the guidance of the Metro Nashville Health Department, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, MP&F requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All new employees will be asked to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination within 30 days of employment.
Location Requirement: Nashville-based MP&F offers flexible work-from-home hours.